ACE Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Institute looks forward to welcoming you to our 19th annual Potomac River Run Marathon & Half
Sunday, May 1, 2022
8:00 AM – FULL MARATHON START
9:00 AM – HALF MARATHON START
Flat – scenic – beautiful views of the Potomac River – tree-lined – > shaded – out’n’back
Start and finish at Fletcher’s Cove
4940 Canal Road NW, Washington DC
Registration: Please click here for online registration.
– The marathon and half marathon are 100% SOLD OUT.
– We wish we had more capacity.
– You may pre-order Red Top Cab rides ($10) or pre-race dinner tickets ($10)
- Buy A Brick Foundation
- DC Capital Striders
- Ethio American Athletics Association
- Marathon Charity Cooperation
USATF certified course
Course elevation profile:
- Highest point is 44m above sea level, and the lowest point is 12m above sea level
- Enjoy a lovely day on the C&O Canal Towpath!
- See displays about the historic C&O Canal before & after race
- The race course is 99% crushed gravel – no hills – no pavement except for two short stretches to prevent erosion, no cross streets,
Event details and schedule
Off-Site Parking Options
Parking is limited at Fletcher’s Cove, and we must leave spaces open for the general public, as it’s a National Park and open to the public even during races.
Thus we want as many participants as possible to park off-site, so that we leave some parking spaces available at Fletcher’s Cove for the > general public. Off-site parking options:
- The River School entrance on Reservoir Road
- W Street, Bending Lane, or Hutchins Place off Reservoir Road
- Palisades Library, 4901 V St NW, Washington, DC 20007
- Our Lady of Victory School, 4755 Whitehaven Pkwy NW, Washington, DC 20007
- CVS/pharmacy, 4859 MacArthur Boulevard NW, Washington, DC 20007
– For only $10.00 extra, we offer round-trip Red Top Cab rides from our host hotel Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, located at 1999 Richmond Highway, Arlington, VA 22202-3526 (703-413-5500) to Fletcher’s Cove on race day, departing at 7:00 AM and arriving about 7:20 AM
– Please register for the taxi service in advance
– From westbound Canal Road, Red Top Cab drops you off at Reservoir Road, at the entrance to Fletcher’s Cove
– Please cross Canal Road CAREFULLY to get to Fletcher’s Cove
– For the return trip after you finish, see the on-site Transportation Director. After you finish, as we get groups of 4 finishers, we call Red Top Cab for a ride back to Courtyard by Marriott.