Clinical Rotations & Internships
Advancing the physical therapy profession is a vital part of our mission. We fulfill it by sharing our expertise with aspiring health care professionals and by offering student internships and clinical rotations in orthopedic rehabilitation, sports medicine and athletic training. To provide our students an outstanding clinical experience, our staff stays current in the field through professional development activities.
Students at ACE Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Institute are provided insight into:
- the delivery of the highest level of patient care in an environment of compassion and integrity
- the essential federal and state regulations pertaining to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- patient evaluation skills that emphasize orthopedic evaluations, development and progression of patient treatment programs, and discharge planning
- the administration of out-patient physical therapy services that include scheduling patients, note writing and documentation, insurance coverage, billing procedures, and communication with other health care professionals and physical therapy marketing
- the use of a variety of physical therapy practices and procedures, therapeutic exercises, and exercise and testing equipment
- professional staff interactions and in-service training practices that include an educational presentation to the ACE Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Institute staff by the student
If you are interested in our clinical rotation or internship program, ask your school’s Director of Clinical Education to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.