ACE Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Institute 14 1/2th annual Potomac River Run Marathon & Half
ACE Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Institute with locations in Alexandria, Arlington/ Clarendon, Falls Church / Merrifield, FairOaks / Fairfax, Herndon / Reston, Leesburg / Lansdowne, and Tysons Corner / Vienna in VA welcomes the Marathoners to ACE Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Institute’s 14 1/2th annual Potomac River Run Marathon & Half.
When and Where: The Marathon will be held on Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 8:00AM at Carderock Recreation Area • One mile west of I-495 Capital Beltway off Clara Barton Parkway Carderock, MD 20871. D 20871
Registration: Please click here for online registration.
Fee: Registration Fee is $60.00 – $120.00
Donate: Race benefits the following charities:
- BuyaBrickFoundation (www.TeamAfrica.com) Stomp Out Malaria program
- When you register, you may include a donation to American Red Cross International Response Fund in Haiti
- Carderock Recreation Area is one mile west (outside) I-495 Capital Beltway, on the south side of Clara Barton Parkway
- Carderock Recreation Area does NOT have a street address, but some GPS units can find “Carderock Recreation Area”
- Please follow these directions to Carderock Recreation Area:
- Google map of Carderock
- From I-495, take Exit 41 north of American Legion Bridge in MD.
- Bear west on the exit ramp and turn onto westbound Clara Barton Parkway.
- After one mile, bear right and take the first exit to the right (Carderock | Naval Surface Warfare Center).
- Turn left on the bridge; follow it through a tunnel under the C&O Canal Towpath.
- Drive 0.3 miles to a T-junction. Free parking is on your left or right. Please do not park on the grass.
- We have about 325 free parking spaces
- Please carpool or use our Facebook page to share a ride.
- The parking areas are not numbered with signs, but …
- Parking Area #4 (75 spaces) is on the left (east) — we host packet pick-up in the picnic pavilion next to Parking Area #4.
- Parking Area #3 (60 spaces) is straight ahead and a little to the right with permanent and portable toilets
- Parking Area #2 (70 spaces) is farther to the right (west)
- Parking Area #1 (120 spaces) is farthest to the right (west) with permanent toilets
- Join us for pre-race dinner and the fifth annual DC-area SCHOOL-BUILDING SUMMIT for all charity leaders building schools and educating youth internationally — to continue a conversation that may change the world
- Friday, October 27, 6:30 PM, at Cosi Restaurant, 1801 North Lynn Street, Arlington VA
- Dinner tickets are $15 for all you can eat ($20 after October 8)
- Please register for the dinner by October 26
Packet Pick up:
- Packet Assembly:
- Help us assemble bib numbers and goodie bags, and get your bib number, t-shirt, and goodie bag early on Thursday, October 26, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Walter Reed Community Center, 2909 16th Street South, Arlington VA 22204 (703-228-0946)
- Pre-race packet pickup:
- Friday, October 27, 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Pacers Running Store, 3100 Clarendon Boulevard, Arlington VA, across street from Clarendon Metro, free parking at Trader Joe’s if you buy something — includes late registration
- Race-day packet pickup: Saturday, October 28, 7:15 AM to 8:45 AM — on-site at Carderock Recreation Area picnic pavilion, next to Parking Lot 4
- You may pick up someone else’s bib number and packet if you bring along a signed note or a printed e-mail message from your friend
- Race-day packet pick-up is on-site at Carderock Recreation Area, eastern (left-hand) parking area picnic shelter
- If you want to change your start time or distance, you MUST inform the registrar when you pick up your bib number on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday
- We will also have a change chart on the timing table at the start / finish line.
- $250 to 1st, $150 to 2nd, $100 to 3rd overall M/F
- Gift certificates to 1st, 2nd, 3rd by 10-year age-group M/F
- This race is the third of Safety And Health Foundation’s 2017 Grand Prix
- $100 cash award to everyone who finishes all 3 of SHF’s full or half marathons in 2017